Re: Setting up network

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 19:57 -0500, Bill Tetens wrote:

> >>Something is very wrong here.  Please copy and paste the actual
> >>command line and response to a mail message.
> >

> > I'm betting Bill typed in 'rpm -qalgrep samba' which of course will
> > result in that error message.
> >
> > Bill, that is not supposed to be an 'l' ("el"), it supposed to be a
> > '|' (pipe symbol, usually above on same key as '\' (backslash)).

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 19:57 -0500, Bill Tetens wrote:
> First I made a typo on the instead of rpm:L one type it should have
> read rpm: one type query (etc).  I looked close at the command and
> decided that it was supposed to be a "|" pipe symbol and that is what
> I used.

Sorry for butting in, but your response is a little ambiguous or maybe
unbelievable.  Are you saying that at the prompt in a terminal window
while root you see something like this:

[root your domain root] # rpm -qa|grep samba
rpm:L one type query/verify may be performed at a time
[root your domain root] #

here is a copy / paste of my systems response:

[root@ip68-7-36-36 ~]# rpm -qa|grep samba
samba-common-3.0.5-0pre1.0
samba-client-3.0.5-0pre1.0
[root@ip68-7-36-36 ~]#

If you need to copy / paste the rpm command above into your terminal
window (this absolutely prevents typos)

HTH

Scott