Re: Ubuntu Was Re: Linux on ARM tablets?

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Red Hat is a SEC listed business whose
> primary job is making shareholders and customers happy by generating a regular profit.

Wow, I´m sure nobody here knew that. *sarcasm*

In which way can porting Fedora/RH to run on tables contributes to
MAKING A LOSS or NOT generating a profit?.
In fact, having people talk about your brand/name creates mindshare,
and thus indirectly boosts sales.

The contrary is to have everyone talking about HP´s WebOS and RIM´s
Paybook OS based on QNX. So sinking Linux into irrelevance as far as
tablets are concerned helps Red Hat and its profits exactly HOW?.

> Fedora is whatever the community makes it - but if you want to make it something then you have to actually go *do* something rather than talk about how it should be done.

Look, this is a mailing list. I can talk about anything I want. In
fact, I can theorize and contribute my thoughts on what I _think_
Fedora and Red Hat could do do boost mind share. People *talking* and
telling others to *do instead of talk* do not contribute to the
debate. On the contrary, silences debate.

> The Debian ARM port to one of the older Android tablets was I believe a one person job, a one person *doing* not *talking* job.

I don´t currently have time to code, however, nothing prevents someone
from picking the ideas discussed here and *doing*.

FC