Linux on ARM tablets?

I'm not familiar with modern tablets. I only own a 4 years old Nokia
N800, -which is more like a larger Linux PDA used sideways- before the
"tablets" market and craze even existed.

So, I'm not sure about what media the OS stored in on modern Android
tablets. Do those feature flash memory chips soldered on the main
board? SD slots? compactflash with IDE controller?.

Having said that, I wonder if anyone tried installing linux on tablets
that otherwise run Android or other OSs?

I'm giving serious thought to buying a RIM Playbook, but I'm not sure
I'll be comfortable with QNX

The CPU is confirmed to be a dual-core TI ARM.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Blackberry-PlayBook-CPU-Confirmed-1GHz-Dual-core-TI-OMAP4430-177205.shtml

So what are the chances of RIM making it easy to replace the OS with Fedora/ARM?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM

I really, really would like to see RedHat putting some effort into
seeing Fedora running on modern tablets... if only for OS mindshare
and promotional purposes...

FC