Re: Linux on ARM tablets?

Hey Guys,

I think we have a bunch of opportunity. We have free different UI's,
we had once the OpenMoko (and the full documentation still exists) -
and even we could try to run a full gnome 3 on mobile UI. After I have
seen many things, including Motorola's Atrix, and the MoDu (modular
phone leading by an engineer from Sandisk), and even low power
consuming modular  ARM based servers, I don't understand why don't
have Red Hat support to MIPS, ARM platforms.

The most of the new generation phones are mostly becoming an tiny
universal server (with multiple cores) in the pocket digged deeply
into the cloud services. This it what we have to follow, and I think
we fedorians  have several advantage already. We have an company
behind who are pro in between servers, and cloud and virtualisation,
right? Imagene this on mobile platform.... Take out your phone from
your pocket, and you could set up immediatelly an servers chained up
in network, and works as router, firewall, samba share and more....

I think we have to look for broadcom, who is already member of the
linux foundation, ask them, to let to use their chipsets, and let to
us pull up an Fedora on it as complete solution.... What do you think
guys, shall we dance?

Cheers,

Zoltan
Nokia employee
Fedora Ambassador

2011/3/25 Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 19:55 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> I really, really would like to see RedHat putting some effort into
>> seeing Fedora running on modern tablets...
>
> +1 on this.   Especially now that I have lost all confidence in Meego
> and Google seems to share less and less of Android.
>
> --

PGP:  06853DF7