Re: Ubuntu Was Re: Linux on ARM tablets?

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:36:40 -0600
Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ubuntu does ARM right now.
>
> Ubuntu has a netbook version.
>
> Ubuntu has Unity.
>
> http://www.canonical.com/engineering-services/oem-services/why-ubuntu/products
>
> If Redhat isn't going to cater to this market, I have a feeling someone
> else will.
>
> Its great that Redhat focuses on its markets, but I think they have
> been/ are a little too one dimensional.

Firstly Red Hat is not Fedora - Red Hat is a SEC listed business whose
primary job is making shareholders and customers happy by generating a
regular profit.

Fedora is whatever the community makes it - but if you want to make it
something then you have to actually go *do* something rather than talk
about how it should be done.

The Debian ARM port to one of the older Android tablets was I believe a
one person job, a one person *doing* not *talking* job.