Re: Linux on ARM tablets?

On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 10:06 +0100, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I think we have a bunch of opportunity. We have free different UI's,
> we had once the OpenMoko (and the full documentation still exists) -
> and even we could try to run a full gnome 3 on mobile UI. After I have
> seen many things, including Motorola's Atrix, and the MoDu (modular
> phone leading by an engineer from Sandisk), and even low power
> consuming modular  ARM based servers, I don't understand why don't
> have Red Hat support to MIPS, ARM platforms.
>
> The most of the new generation phones are mostly becoming an tiny
> universal server (with multiple cores) in the pocket digged deeply
> into the cloud services. This it what we have to follow, and I think
> we fedorians  have several advantage already. We have an company
> behind who are pro in between servers, and cloud and virtualisation,
> right? Imagene this on mobile platform.... Take out your phone from
> your pocket, and you could set up immediatelly an servers chained up
> in network, and works as router, firewall, samba share and more....

I am a huge, huge fan of something Fedora-esque on "mobile" devices.  I
love the vision you are presenting.

I'd love to see some sort of convergence of Meego with Fedora.

Redhat might have $1B in revenue, but I think they are missing something
equally large in the mobile device market.  I'm not sure how they would
harness the revenue stream, but given what Nokia is paying M$oft for
whatever they call their mobile operating system, I'm sure its possible
to do.

FWIW, I own an N900.  I bought it expecting it would one day run Meego.

LG