Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

On 03/22/2011 08:21 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 03/22/2011 09:55 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
>> I was totally unaware of those forums. (You mean
>> http://gnomesupport.org/forums/, right?) Better to regard those as
>> self-help forums, rather than expecting/demanding developer support
>
> Yes.  As I said, they seem to be "write only," as it's rare to see a
> response to a question.  I don't expect the devs to take the time to do
> tech support for everybody but it would be nice if they'd at least lurk,
> to see what's going on, what problems people have and what their
> concerns are.

You'll probably have better luck on mailing lists (and bugzillas),
rather than forums.

Forums are great for casual browsing at leisure, but not so good for
quick scanning and filtering. Mail lists seem to work better for that. I
suspect devs follow them more closely. I do. (I use google alerts to try
to catch forum posts about gThumb, but that is a hit-and-miss thing. Not
all forums are search-engine-friendly. I've never had an alert for a
post in gnomesupport.org/forums, for example.)

- Mike