Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 <at> freenet.de> writes:

> On 03/18/2011 10:15 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > Tom Horsley wrote:
> >> Yea - start a different branch of gnome or kde (or something new)
> >> and see which one people install the most.
> >
> > You mean... XFCE? Or... LXDE? ... or Enlightenment (the one people claim
> > is holy water)?
> In longer terms, likely. In short terms, I'd expect people to switch to
> different distros and OSes.

I have not tried F15 Alpha yet.
I am wondering how the systemd, the new important feature works ?
Remember, it was dropped from F14 ...

"
systemd

Fedora 15 has replaced Upstart with systemd. systemd uses services files located
in /lib/systemd/system for services, and /etc/systemd/system for configuration.
A dozen desktop daemons [list them] have been initially converted to use systemd
service files and small number of programs have been patched to take advantage
of it. systemd is compatible with legacy SysV init scripts and rest of the
migration will happen incrementally over time.
"

JB