Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

Once upon a time, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 12:18 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> > I disliked the panel-on-top with gnome-shell; the first thing I always
> > do under older GNOME is move the top panel to the right and set the
> > bottom panel to auto-hide.  Wtih 16x{9,10} monitors, vertical screen
> > space is the premium.
>
> I think with all monitors, screen space is premium.  But I find hiding
> taskbars a pain, as it turns a "quick do something through a menu," into
> a slower "wait for menu to appear, before I can do anything."

In my setup, the auto-hide panel at the bottom only has the window list,
which I rarely (if ever) use.  All the menus, direct buttons, applets,
etc. I use regularly are on the right-hand (non-auto-hide) panel.

The only thing I really miss with this setup is the clock.  Some bright
person changed the clock applet so that if you add it to a vertical
panel, it writes the time sideways, which (a) takes up a bunch of space
and (b) is difficult to read.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>