Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

2011/3/21 James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxx>
On 3/21/11, Joe Zeff <joe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/21/2011 08:34 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> Perhaps a command line tool for enabling configuration:
>> sudo IHerebySwear 'I am not now and have never been a Windows user.'
>
> I'd like to see the response to that be:'
>
> "You lie; you used sudo."
>
> If you're a proper Linux user on your own box, you use this:
>
> su -c IHerebySwear 'I am not now and have never been a Windows user.'

sudo, used by sysadmins who KNOW their users will be abusive.

su - used by sysadmins who checked out their user's credentials and
found out they know more about Linux then they do.

Either way, I prefer to give users sudo as it is restrictive and I
know what they can/cannot do and how much damge I'll have to fix when
they break things.

James McKenzie

Quite a Discussion Here, let me give you my opinion:

First of all, KDE is the best desktop. I'm not going to go deeper, but for example, Gnome Shell
freezes my machine with my "average workload" for the day. in KDE, (even with Kwin ON) I can load my
system very heavily and it stills functioning as seamless as it has to be, no annoying freezes.

By other hand, the adoption of Gnome3Shell is a great step for fedora, First, because the distro is going to
will conserve it's fame of being futurist, second, because is the only distro at a first glance that will adopt
gnome shell, so we will earn some new users looking for a clean install of that desktop coming from a LiveCD
"pre-installed" and not needed to be done by them and finally, I'm glad of this change because
old Fedora users will never leave fedora, I'm quite sure (because of what I've been reading in Fedora Planet)
That users are going to switch to other desktops, mainly KDE and XFCE, Wich is great because this way,
more users can Try the AWESOME desktop KDE is and see it with their own eyes in F15 and also, the ones
using XFCE will help making this last desktop a better alternative for everyone.

it's a "win-win" thing :)

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052