Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

Mike Fedyk wrote:
<snip>
> 2010/5/31 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 11:30 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>>> I suspect there's a (possibly subconscious) view among many of us that
>>> website design means "making the website look pretty"
>> I certainly hope you don't mean to imply that is the position of the
>> folks who worked on the page, because it most certainly is not and never
>> has been. Seriously.
>>

> I see nothing in Patrick's wording that implies that he is speaking
> for the designers.  It looks like he is speaking for users and
> attempting to explain why people may have ignored the new web site
> design announcement when it went out.

poc and mike: +100%

> I think most people don't think about design until it gets in their way.

missing links is a very strong example of being in way.

>> Let's drop this thread, okay folks? It's completely unproductive.
>>

> It could have been more productive if you weren't so defensive.  In
> this example, Patrick's comment was quite benign, but you posted an
> inflammatory reply.

to this i also agree.

> I post this not to stir up any animosity, but to give a specific
> example where the original poster was quite polite and you replied
> with the wrong assumptions of intent.

also agree with.

> Everyone makes mistakes, though you make fewer mistakes when you learn
> from the past.

i have always tried to be mature in admitting to mine.

of which, i made comment against using mairan's design and she took great
offense to it.

not even being aware that even tho i was against it being used, i did make
positive comment to positive of it.

truly a sign of a lack in maturity. my opinion

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.