Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 15:42 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:

> The first reaction to anything bad happening is "I'd better call my lawyer?"
>
> That's sad.

If you look into American law, you'll see that, as a publicly traded
company, Red Hat is required to act in certain ways. So what is sad (or
surprising) that, faced with a crisis, the company should call in its
lawyers? Its executives hardly want to make the situation worse by
neglecting something that they can be held legally liable for later on.

In situations like this, you can't really think in terms of how an
individual might act. Although the legal fiction is that corporations
are people, practically speaking they clearly are not.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
Burnaby, BC, Canada