Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

max wrote:

You call it paranoia, I call it common sense. Do the math, I did. I felt that if it was anything but a security issue then they'd have come right out and said so. The only reason not to come out and say so boiled down to a handful of things.

But doesn't a security issue usually imply that everyone else running the same software is vulnerable to the same intrusion? That is, the last thing you want to do is keep running with no updates.

The only thing that's been made clear is that the Fedora Project has a number of users who take it for granted.

Do we know yet how the initial access to the machine was obtained? Ssh password-guessing or a more fundamental software problem that may still be a danger for others?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx