Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 23:34:38 +0200
Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please define "act appropriately".

act appropriately in this particular situation means this:

We have an open process here, and this matter may have an effect on the
community members.  Therefore we will provide all the facts to the community as
we discover them and we will insure that the community is at least as well
informed about the issue as we are "in-house".

> I think you'll be hard pushed to
> find *real* lawyers (instead of the IANAL variant that seems to be
> thirteen to the dozen around here) claiming that Red Hat has acted
> inappropriately in this instance.

The first reaction to anything bad happening is "I'd better call my lawyer?"

That's sad.

> If you however by "appropriately" mean - "before we know anything,
> we'll trample all over evidence, disclose anything and everything,
> totally sabotaging any forensic and/or criminal investigation", then I
> guess you may be right.

Disclosure doesn't sabotage forensic evidence.  I can tell you that there is
blood on this shoe without having any effect at all on the blood that's on the
shoe.