Re: F8 update kills KDE

max bianco <maximilianbianco <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Now under the hood,KDE is KDE but from one distro to the next, it
> seemed like they gave it its own feel. The  default KDE implementation
> that I used on F7 left alot to be desired, it looked to me like GNOME
> with a KDE twist, it looked to me like GNOME with KDE spray-paint,
> maybe that explains what I mean by knockoff.

Uh, if there's anything we're "knocking off", it's upstream KDE, and your own
first sentence also hints at that. Our KDE look&feel is very close to the
upstream defaults, unlike some other distributions which heavily customize
their KDE. There are times when it wasn't, but in those times, it looked a lot
more like the "GNOME knockoff" you're painting it to be than it does now!

> none of the others interest me anymore, Fedora is where I want to be,
> but I couldn't use KDE on Fedora, it just didn't work for me. It
> didn't feel right, I switched over to GNOME, it fit better and until I
> started using Fedora I never even considered GNOME an option.

Uh, if our KDE is a GNOME knockoff, then why does GNOME fit your needs and KDE
doesn't? Sounds like they're actually different enough for you to prefer GNOME.

        Kevin Kofler