Re: F8 update kills KDE

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

 



--- Patrick O'Callaghan <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 12:00 -0700, Antonio Olivares
> wrote:
> > --- Ric Moore <[email protected]> wrote:
> > 
> > > On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 11:39 -0430, Patrick
> > > O'Callaghan wrote:
> > > > On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 13:09 +0000, Kevin
> Kofler
> > > wrote:
> > > > > max <maximilianbianco <at> gmail.com>
> writes:
> > > > > > I wish I had something useful to offer
> here
> > > but I tried KDE on Fedora 
> > > > > > when I first loaded F7. Second class
> ctizen.
> > > It appears that is still 
> > > > > > the case. Perhaps the Fedora KDE lovers
> are
> > > not vocal enough...
> > > > > 
> > > > > That's not true. What he ran into was just a
> bug
> > > (which should be fixed 
> > > > > already, crossing fingers).
> > > > 
> > > > It's true to the extent that many people
> > > (including RedHat people)
> > > > assume one is using Gnome, and most or all of
> the
> > > documentation also
> > > > makes this assumption, especially when
> explaining
> > > how to do stuff from
> > > > the GUI. It's fair to say that Fedora is a
> > > Gnome-centred distro that
> > > > *also* supports KDE.
> > > +1 for KDE!!! Ric
> > > 
> > I hate to disagree with you guys on this one.  KDE
> is
> > also given equal treatment in my own humble
> opinion. 
> > Fedora is so committed to getting working that KDE
> > 4.0.3 is on Rawhide and while things might not be
> > trouble free in KDE, it is somewhat looking good. 
> 
> In no way did I want to:
> 
> a) Say anything at all about KDE 4, because I've
> only tried it briefly
> on a Live CD.
> 
> b) Start a discussion about the technical merits of
> KDE vs Gnome.
> 
> If that's what you think my comment was about, I'm
> afraid you missed the
> point. I stand by what I said already. This is not a
> technical argument,
> it's about the orientation of both the Fedora docs
> (official and
> unofficial) and a fair amount of the traffic on this
> list. Unless the
> topic is specifically about some KDE issue, the
> underlying assumption is
> that one is using Gnome. In other words, Fedora is a
> Gnome-oriented
> distro that also supports KDE.
> 
> poc
> 
> -- 
> fedora-list mailing list
> [email protected]
> To unsubscribe:
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
> 

Agree :)  Like Ric said this is not a KDE vs Gnome
discussion.  Although I expressed my opinion about how
things are going right now.  I know that your last
statement has very strong sentiments, but the tide is
turning and there are many users here that prefer KDE
and would not install Gnome for anything in the world.
 I cannot show by statistics that they are equal and
receive equal treatment, but I know that both are
being worked on hard by the developers and that yes  

Fedora is a Gnome-oriented distro that also supports
KDE.  You should add that XFCE is also joining the
mix, thanks to Rahul who also produced a installable
Xfce livecd and shared it with us so that users with
slow machines could still install Fedora but not with
KDE or Gnome.  Throught these efforts Fedora is
becoming better and better.  

Regards,

Antonio 


      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and 
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.  http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

-- 
fedora-list mailing list
[email protected]
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

[Index of Archives]     [Current Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Docs]

  Powered by Linux