Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 22:26 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> Also, nm configurations are not activated until a users' logged in to
> a GUI. It's a pain for me, impossible if one needs an nfs mount before
> logging in. This one's in bugzilla.

It also means things like NTP don't start, and if you were relying on
them to get the clock right as soon as possible, it's not going to
happen.

I don't know if NTP will start working when a network becomes available,
now.  I haven't got around to testing that.  But it certainly didn't
used to.  It'd quit and stay dead if the network was a notwork, when NTP
tried to start up.

Other things configured by DHCP don't work, either, if theres no network
brought up.

I can see some use in being *able* to give individual users specific
networking conditions, but that's contrary to how the rest of Linux
network has worked, and what we're used to.  The connection is actually
machine to machine.

--
Using FC 4 - 7, CentOS 5, plus Ubuntu.  For the moment, it's Ubuntu.

I read messages from the public lists.