Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

John Summerfield wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureNetworkManager

That's not exactly user documentation, I'm not surprised it doesn't get much attention.

Nobody said it was user documentation so don't assume it is. It is a feature specification and a development plan for developers and works well for that audience.

I as asking for user documentation, because you kept on saying, "That's not how to do it," without offering advice on how it should be done.

I was telling anyone how not to do it. Just clarifying some misinformation (ie) NM is not tied to a desktop environment.

ps those two bugs seem fairly critical to me.

Which two bugs?  I have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh, read the artical you pointed to above. Click the "documentation" link. Read to the bottom.

Right. This is why it isn't activated system-wide yet.

It's pretty rude to ask a question, then to duck out. Besides, we haven't fixed the problem yet afaik.

If you have any problem, I haven't seen you specify it yet. If you are talking about OP's problem I will let them speak for themselves really.

You really should look up upstart.

I know what it is and if you read about DBus activation you will understand the response better.

Rahul