Re: Alternative booting

Karl Larsen wrote:
Hi David. It might be that the reason your grub stopped is because of that new kernel you were yum update getting. That kernel might have stopped Grub from working. I suggest you load F7 again in a simple one hard drive system. Then check out grub which the loader should have installed right. Then you have both for at least a while.

Well, in that case I rather use Ubuntu. And that is also not the point of this exercise. I have a brand new 64bit system, all other boxes that I have are Pentium IIIs or so which do an OK job as home print and file server. Also, I have a Bt787 TV tuner that I want to use, but that is not supported under XP64 (well, K!TV does the trick sort of), but under Linux. Also, there are way more apps I can get for free on Linux than on Windows.

All that is side play, all I want is boot F7 without using GRUB. Do I really need to defect to OpenSuSE? Then I might as well stick with XP.

David