Re: fedora 7 - legacy USB?

Jerome Kan wrote:

O no lol i meant I fixed the where the thing is posting problem.
Almost fixed, but your replies come in as part of the signatures to messages. I have to cut your replies from the original message in order to have it to reply to. ... Sorry I thought your PS/2 keyboard not responding was solved and you did not tell us what fixed the problem. If you are stranded on windows, thunderbird is a decent mailer compared to Outlook.

My keyboard is still dead and I have fewer solution as to how to go
about fixing it I just know that it isn't anything to do with usb
cause I use a usb mouse which works but for an odd reason the ps/2
keyboard doesn't O_o

USB legacy simulates PS/2 functionality for outdated operating systems like MS-DOS. USB keyboards would not otherwise work in that OS otherwise. USB legacy, is not needed for more advanced OS versions. Having it enabled could cause erratic behavior or blocking the proper functionality of real PS/2 devices. USB mice usually do not need legacy support in advanced OS versions because they do not rely on the BIOS needing tricks to transmit to the operating system the USB device as a simulated PS/2 device. Some systems use different terminologies depending on the BIOS. Look around in your BIOS settings and see if you can find a USB legacy or a setting with similar wording in BIOS.

I'm thinking of buying a usb keyboard just to see if that helps heh.

It might do the trick or just cost you money needlessly. If you are comfortable with changing BIOS settings, give it a try beforehand. Otherwise, the USB keyboard option would be a less risky chance.

Jim

-Jerome

--
Don't change the reason, just change the excuses!
		-- Joe Cointment