Re: fedora 7 - legacy USB?

Jerome Kan wrote:
Yeah ive been wondering that myself. I know the keyboard hasn't died cause
when I install windows the keyboard works in safemode and in the bios which
is really odd. In addition ive exhausted all my non-internet sources of
computer help linux, unix, or otherwise. Dunno if that helps?
-Jerome

USB legacy is needed to allow W2K and older MS versions to get into safe mode. As earlier stated, it is simulating PS/2 functionality to the outdated OS. I wondered how I was able to set BIOS settings without the support and could not get windows into safe mode with USB keyboards. It finally donned on me, the BIOS access was more capable than safe mode needs.
However, with a PS/2 keyboard, you do not need legacy support.

--
"As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty,
and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life -- so I became a