Re: F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 - amazing statements

Timothy Murphy wrote:

I don't know of any Fedora application that works with Fedora kernel 2.6.x.y-n
that does not work equally well with vanilla kernel 2.6.x.y .
That is what I mean by orthogonal.

There have been some examples in the past seen in bugzilla. These are treated as bugs and fixed.

It used to be much more difficult than it is today,
because Torvalds and team have cleaned things up
and organized them better.
In my view the Fedora developers could learn a lesson from this.
Fedora is becoming much too spaghetti-like.

That's amusing since "Torvalds and team" includes Fedora developers. Red Hat is the largest commercial contributor to the Linux kernel. Do you have bug reports on what you consider "sphagetti-like".

Rahul