Re: F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 USB stick

If someone makes a change in the way software operates,
he should consider (in my view) if there is any hardware
on which this might not work.
It is not actually necessary to have the hardware
in order to work this out.

Thats complete nonsense.

You cannot, just through imagination alone expect to be able to work out, in all cases, if some change you make to some code has a *unexpected* side-effect on some specific hardware. The developers of course do their best but at the end of the day there is no alternative to just trying it out. Seeing as the developers don't all have access to *all hardware*, the best they can do is try it out on what they have, and if it passes that test, push it to testing. There it gets a bigger test and if thats OK, it ultimately makes it out to updates at which Fedora as a whole test it out. And yes, I do mean test. Thats the way things are .

Chris