Re: We need a new subject- bug fixes

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 16:03 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>
>>> It is pretty straight forward to get sendmail to accept and send mail.
>>> However it was easier when the configuration of the .mc file to allow
>>> non-local mail was included in the release notes.
>>> Otherwise it is not necessary to read the 800 page Sendmail book + its
>>> supplement. Actually you will be better off for simple use if you don't
>>> read it,
>> I thought it was, but with all Les's complaints about how big of a
>> problem it is, I figured it must be hard for people without Sendmail
>>  configuration experience. Then again, no mail server is as easy to
>> configure when you need an authorized connection to your ISP's mail
>> server to send mail.
>>
>> Mikkel
> If you poping or imaping from your ISP mail server you don't need
> sendmail at all except for root's mail.
> Otherwise all this is part of the usual sendmail vs postfix argument.
> One is comfortable with what you are used to.

Well, I have configured both at one time or another, so I can not
say I am more used to one or the other. If it were not for needing
to send out monthly calendars, I would not need my mail server to
connect to my ISP's or Hosting company's mail server. The hosting
company is more work, because my ISP blokes outgoing port 25
connections except to their mail server. They both require SMTP AUTH
before you can relay through them.

Mikkel