Re: Where are all the updates gone?

Aaron Konstam wrote:

Let us be clear. I willing to accept that filing bugzillas has a purpose
but it does not allow you to get a solution to the problem you are
facing.

Not immediately usually. Sometimes you get quick fixes or workarounds from the package maintainer or other folks watching or participating in the same bug report.

I pointed out all the problems FC6 were causing me (all of which
I solved without help[ from bugzilla) and I did what people told me to
and filed three bugzillas. One fell into a black hole (since I  since a
record of the original post was not sent to me). On the second I have
never heard anything. The third I was told it is not red hat's problem
go complain to someone else.

For the first problem, file a new bug report. For the other two point out the specific bug reports. I doubt anyone would have told to complain to someone else that way unless you are interpreting and paraphrasing things.

But reports do nothing for the poster in
the near term.

Immediate solutions are not the purpose of the bugzilla. It is to report problems to maintainers, track and get potential fixes. For potential workarounds or alternatives in the near term, you can post to this list or to forums instead. One of the efficient ways to do this is to file a bug report and then post to the list for a discussion.

Rahul