Re: Where are all the updates gone?

> Red Hat contributes quite heavily to the Linux kernel
> (http://lwn.net/Articles/222773/) or to GNOME too which is even hosted
> by Red Hat (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RedHatContributions). Does
> it make it a Red Hat product?

Red Hat provides Fedora, and provides for it.  To all intents and
purposes it's a Fedora product, whether it's "sold" or not.  I don't see
any reason to pretend otherwise, it's not something of an offensive
nature that you'd want to distance yourself from.

If Red Hat flogged off oranges, they would just be oranges, not Red Hat
thingoes.  If Red Hat bundled together a package containing oranges,
lemons, pineapples and grapes, that package would be a product of Red
Hat.  Red Hat has created a product, the Fedora project.  Even though
they've handed the reigns over to many external forces (user
participation, etc.), that doesn't really stop it being their product.
And I imagine that if someone came up with their own distribution of
Linux, which had absolutely nothing to do with Fedora, but called it so,
they'd get hot under the collar about it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.