Re: Where are all the updates gone?

Aaron Konstam wrote:

Rahul you are not a terrible person. But make it clear in what role to
you make your pronouncements.

Tell me why it matters to this discussion and I will. My assertion is simple. Any software in general that is under a Free software license and unrestricted by software patents is not in Fedora only because there is no maintainer interested enough to do it.

If Fedora is not a product of RedHat as you state above then neither
were any of the RedHat versions of the past.

I dont think you read http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ#head-97c8fd6a42741eeb20195b4f7ddcc9f561712455 which I pointed out that explains the differences. Red Hat Linux was sold as a retail product and entirely maintained by Red Hat. Fedora in contrast is never sold by Red Hat as a retail product and has active volunteer community participation. It was explicitly defined not to be a Red Hat product right from the launch of this project.

Let us face it Fedora is a product of and controlled by RedHat.

There are contributions to Fedora both from Red Hat and the volunteer community. Any project that has volunteer contributors cannot be controlled by a single entity simple because you cannot force them to do what you want.

I know you think the Fedora Project
Board controls Fedora but who controls the Fedora Project Board or do
you assert it is completely independent of RedHat.

Fedora Project board doesnt "control" Fedora either. There are few policy decisions that are taken at that level. Most of the actual routine work is done by the different teams based on their interest, the board just stays out of the water and this is how it is meant to work. Red Hat has never required the Fedora Project board to do anything on its behalf so far. We have always made decisions based on the board discussions which includes non Red Hat folks in it. Except for legal matters and very few other things (since Red Hat is legal entity for Fedora and such decisions requires professional lawyers), I would consider unilateral decisions a failure. My participation in the board is voluntary based on my interest and contributors to Fedora and never has been on the behalf of Red Hat.

 You give your results
to RHEL out of a wish to contribute to RedHat products. It that it?

Not sure what you are asking. Are you specifically asking me about me? I dont work on RHEL. If you are asking about Fedora, RHEL is a Fedora derivative and one of the primary ones. OLPC is another. Fedora as Free software gives everybody the same rights to create derivatives or forks.

Rahul