Re: Can Evolution be used to access yahoo mail?

On 2/6/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
parishd wrote:

> I have been doing some googling and found repeated complaints about
> mail to self not being downloaded via pop since gmail was released.
> The answer from gmail, repeated as recently as last month, is that
> gmail "doesn't do that".  Apparently it is going to take an act of God
> to get it corrected, and yes, I do believe this is a significant
> problem.

If you have another place that will accept your smtp (like your ISP's
mailer) you may be able to reconfigure to send that way so gmail won't
hide the message from you.  That loophole may go away if more mailers
check the From: header on the way out, but many/most don't yet, so if
you are allowed to relay because of your IP address or with
authenticated SMTP, you can probably use the From: from a different account.

I had thought about mailing from an alternate account but was worried
that replies would then be directed to that account instead of gmail,
and don't know enough about manipulating headers within Evolution to
change the From:.  In any case, I think I'm okay for now, saving sent
items to the Inbox instead of the Sent folder in Evolution.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Daniel