Re: Can Evolution be used to access yahoo mail?

On February 5, 2007, parishd wrote:
> Apologies for dropping back in so late, but it looks like your problem
> has been solved.  I, on the other hand, have discovered that although
> my incoming mail works fine, my outgoing smtp mail via gmail is not
> working.  I thought it was, but apparently I'd still been sending it
> out via pacbell.  So my settings in evolution are as described later
> in this thread, with the exception that I can't set the outgoing port,
> but I can't connect with the smtp server at gmail. I need to do a bit
> more troubleshooting...
>
> Daniel

Yes, the problem has been solved: there never was one (hehehe). I didn't know
google doesn't allow downloading of one's own mails to oneself.

As for your problem, I have nothing to add, I'm afraid.

Andy Roddau spelled it out as clearly as can be (I quote):

For POP

Username = username@gmail com
host = pop.gmail.com
port = 995
Encryption = SSL
Auth = Clear text

For SMTP

Username = username@gmail com
host = smtp.gmail.com
port = 587
Server does require authentication
Encryption = TLS
Auth = Plain Text

The above works for me in Kmail.

--- end quote ---

It works for me, too. Evolution should be the same.

--
Peter Gückel