Re: Can Evolution be used to access yahoo mail?

On 2/4/07, Gueckel, P. <gueckelp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On February 4, 2007, parishd wrote:
> As was already mentioned, only with the paid version of yahoo mail.
> You can do this however with the free version of gmail; I switched for
> this exact reason.
>
> Daniel

How did you get that to work?

I have pop.googlemail.com, port 995, use ssl and similar for smtp, like the
help says, but I can send, but not receive. Well, sort of...

When I send an email, it goes to gmail account, but I can't retrieve it. I log
in to gmail, verify that pop is on (tried both options, from now on and all
mail, including mail already sent). Then I try to retrieve the email and it
arrives. I send another, and same story. Won't download. I log in again,
verify pop settings, the mail comes, but the next one won't ad infinitum.

How do you get it to work?

Apologies for dropping back in so late, but it looks like your problem
has been solved.  I, on the other hand, have discovered that although
my incoming mail works fine, my outgoing smtp mail via gmail is not
working.  I thought it was, but apparently I'd still been sending it
out via pacbell.  So my settings in evolution are as described later
in this thread, with the exception that I can't set the outgoing port,
but I can't connect with the smtp server at gmail. I need to do a bit
more troubleshooting...

Daniel