Re: [Fedora] Re: Remote VNC install

Rick Stevens wrote:
They vary based on the PCI bus layout, kernel version and a bunch of
other things.
As far as the board layout goes, I always make a point to figure out which is the first slot, so whether it's at the top or bottom doesn't really matter. However, my assumption always was that the kernel would scan the bus starting at the first slot and number devices accordingly. I haven't had the same type of switcharoo that you have happened to you (maybe that's a good thing) so maybe that's why I assumed it's always the same. From what you're telling me, it sounds like that's not the case. So much for consistency...I thought Winblows was the only one with that problem...

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130