Remote VNC install

   Hey folks,

I have a remote server that needs to be upgraded to FC6 (read: fresh install) At the moment it's up and running with FC1. This machine is also on the (local) network where I have all the iso's needed to install. Now, normally, when I am at that location, I will grab the vmlinuz and initrd files off of the first ISO, put them on the machine to be upgraded, add the necessary lines to grub and reboot the thing. Once it reboots and goes into the installer, I tell it to do an NFS install and off I go.

However, that approach won't work right now because I'm not physically there nor is there anyone else who can do the initial stuff for me. Now, since FC6 can run a vnc server during installation, I can then remote install the system, right? So my question is, what parameters do I feed grub to tell it a) launch 'linux vnc' instead of just linux, and b) have the ip address fed to it directly (with all other parameters the installer asks for, language, keyboard settings, network settings and the NFS server information). Remember, I'm not there to type anything on the keyboard and I know the installer is going to ask me for the IP information before it launches vnc.

   Anyone?

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130