Re: cron processes

On 02Feb2007 15:54, Rick Stevens <rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 14:09 -0800, bruce wrote:
| > i can setup a cron process to run on a daily/weekly/monthly periodic
| > frequency. however, if i'm in jan, and i setup a cron to run on a monthly
| > basis, starting on jan 29, what happens when the os gets to feb 28, and
| > there is no feb 29?
|
| I believe it'll run on March 1, but I won't swear to it.  Why not choose
| a day you KNOW occurs (such as the 14th).

I think in fact it simply won't run because that date will not occur.

If you want 'end of month' stuff you either run it on the first of the
month, or every day and have your cron job check if it's the last day of
the month.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

| Alain van der Heide                      |  This is the way the world ends  |
| avdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                    |  This is the way the world ends  |
| "The opinions expressed above are mine-  |  This is the way the world ends  |
| mineminemine, and you can't have them."  |  Not with a bang, but with a whi

segmentation fault
core dumped