Re: Metrics and your privacy

On 11/23/06, James Wilkinson <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike: what *I'm* getting from this is two basic principles:

 * "silent phone home" is Bad and Wrong. But users who use yum should
   expect that their computers will contact the Internet. This should be
   made more explicit.

No where have I ever even mentioned silent phone home, that was
brought up on the list.  Its not even mentioned in the RFC in the link
I sent.  We're not interested in doing any trickery.  We're going to
be as transparent about this as possible.

         -Mike