Re: Metrics and your privacy

On 11/23/06, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I like the approach you suggest below, but I have comments on the UUID
mentioned in the example. Unless there is going to be some followup later
I don't see how it would be useful. If it is being sent, then it should be
displayed with the other information being sent.

The UUID will serve as a unique install identifier. A count of the
number of UUIDs would give an accurate figure of the total number of
installs that have opted to report in.

--
Regards
Vivek