Re: Analog Telephone Adapter usage

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:31:32 -0500, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
[...]
> However, according to the Gizmo forums, that particular SIP hardware
> adapter that you are looking into has a problem with the STUN feature
> that oddly enough requires you to clear it to work ... FYI:
> http://forum.gizmoproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=2295
>
> Here are the details that you have to manually cram into the settings
> in the first place:
> http://support.gizmoproject.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=88

Thanks for the link.  It's a rainy day, and I'm thinking about going down
to best buy to buy a skype phone and booting windows, to test out the
general idea.  With skype, there's, amazingly, a USB phone which
supposedly works with linux :
<http://support.a-link.com/phonemate/IPU1.htm>.

The ones at Best Buy require windows, but I might try it out just to see
how things go.  Either way I'll probably return the skype phone.  If the
skype phone works I'll keep looking into a SIP hardware phone or ATA.

thanks,

Thufir