Re: modem blues

Ah well in my case we have both phone and cable tv...dsl here doesn't work because we're too far from the datacenter to get a good speedy connection (dsl gets slower as you get farther away from the ISPs datacenter) but since cable internet has no distance restriction we get great internet speeds with cable hence why I recommended cable over dsl :-)...of course others here will probably have different experiences and thus this recommendation won't apply to everyone but for those who may be a bit distanced from the nearest city like we are then cable internet is definetly the way to go :-)

On 4/16/06, Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 2:21 PM -0700 4/16/06, Hex Star wrote:

>note that cable internet is quite often better then dsl...if at all
>possible I'd highly recommend you use cable broadband instead of dsl...

That's quite a matter of opinion, and doesn't match my experience.  For
example, I get 3 Mb/s even in the evening.  Or I could get 768 Kb/s for
$15/month.  Try /that/ with a Cable company.

Dealing with a Cable company is like dealing with the Phone company, only
worse.  If one can get by with only one of them, life will be simpler.  I
already had a phone.