Re: What do you think of Centos

Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> People will either think it's right or wrong -- the
> wronged party doesn't have to feel wronged for someone else to believe
> they were.

See, for example, http://lwn.net/Articles/173223/ , where a British
council's Trading Standards department wanted to take action against
businesses which were (shock, horror), *selling* Mozilla!

    "I can't believe that your company [the Mozilla Foundation] would
    allow people to make money from something that you allow people to
    have free access to. Is this really the case?" she asked.

    "If Mozilla permit the sale of copied versions of its software, it
    makes it virtually impossible for us, from a practical point of
    view, to enforce UK anti-piracy legislation, as it is difficult for
    us to give general advice to businesses over what is/is not
    permitted."

James.

--
E-mail address: james | His Mind Raced...unfortunately, it did not race
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | particularly well, and failed to even place at the