Re: Hard drive cable question -

Tim wrote:
It does NOT matter whether a cable is a cable-select cable or not, when
you jumper your drives as master and slave.  They behave as master and
slave, as jumpered, no matter what the cable is.

Why is it that people do not understand this?  The jumpers on the drive
override anything else.  You have to specifically set drives into the
cable-select mode for them to pay any attention to the type of cabling.

Well, that depends on the drive. The CS system is designed such that
a drive *can* override based on jumpers, and I've never seen a drive
which used the cable select to override the jumpers, and it wouldn't
make sense do to so to me, but drives' incompatibilities with each
other being what they are, and electronic designs and testing being
what they are...

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.