Re: Hard drive cable question -

Wolfgang wrote:

[snip]

I never said anything along those lines either. And you don´t have to
explain it to me, I´ve been there done that. And it seems that we both
overlooked the fact that the original poster, was using a cable select
cable. As drives jumpered as master/slave don´t function when two drives
are connected to the cable.

Umm, are you claiming that using a CS cable requires one to jumper the
drives CS?

¨;doesn't seem to care which data cable connector is attached to it, but
when I put in the second drive, jumpered as "slave" the computer won't boot.¨

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.