Re: Desperate situation

I've never used CS - I've never been comfortable with the idea - but the black is connected to hda and the grey to hdb, so they are the correct connections. I always understood that jumpering overrode CS, but perhaps you are right, and it is now necessary to use CS.

Thanks for the suggestion

Anne

Anne, as a system builder (9 Years) and GID, I'd just like to mention that our drives have ALWAYS been jumpered 'master' and 'slave'. Any time we encounter problems it is because we try to use CS, or incorrect hard drive positions on the cable.

I'm not saying that what the other poster was saying wasn't true, but it is contrary to ANY experience I've ever had.

iow: I agree with your initial assumption. I do not believe CS to be a great option. The few times we've gotten it to work, it seemed to take much longer to decide anything in POST stage.

Mind you, I certainly should mention that for the last 14 month or so, this has been a moot point as systems here are built using SATA now.

Regards,
Ed.

begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749