Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

On 1/22/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 17:56, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > >
> > >Please explain how making an image available that runs under
> > >the free vmplayer 'supports' proprietary software any more
> > >than making an iso image available 'supports' CD and
> > >media manufacturers.
> > >
> > Pretty simple. Vmware is proprietary software.
>
> No argument there. But, you aren't providing or supporting
> it by providing an image that can run under it.  You would
> be supporting your users that would find that option useful.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if Fedora Core
specifically targets a proprietary piece of software that virtualizes
a machine and sets out to run Fedora Core under that proprietary
software, then Fedora Core is *supporting* that proprietary software.

Mike, you're smarter than this.  I know it, I've seen it.  Give up this crusade.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."