Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 16:32, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> > Your argument would be more convincing if you could point out
> > some directions that FC has taken that are more in the
> > community interest than in building the next RHEL.  Can you?
>
> Define "community interest"

I'd start with making a new user's first time experience as
painless as possible.

> This is NOT  a monolithic community with a single set of opinions and
> a single non-overlap set of desires.

Can we have a show of hands from the people who think a new
user should have to download an iso image full of bugs that
have been fixed for most of a year that may prevent the
install from working and that will require a gig or so of
additional downloading to fix if the install succeeds?

> Would you also count the work going on with Kadischi as being an RHEL
> inspired subproject?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi
> I wouldn't.

It looks like a badly-need catch up to all the other popular
distributions to me.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx