Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi

One behavior of Bugzilla that makes bug tracking hard is that bugzilla entries no longer appear on the filer's homepage and are easily lost until the expiring release bug reports were closed or questioned for feedback. I forgot all about the Synaptic related bug until questioned and it did not appear as a category on the filer homepage. Another category related to these types of reports might give developers a less cluttered with "lost and found" bug reports.

The issue that I reported was long ago resolved. I had no idea it was still open. If the report showed on the page, I would have closed the report as resoved.

We have been having some discussions on improving bugzilla. I have a handily list now. I will this feature request to that list. Continue using bugzilla though. It has its quirks but its a mature and reliable workhorse.

My current listing of bugs reported are under 10 items. i am sure that there are many floating around that have ong been resolved but I lost track of where they were filed. some of these improvments will clear room for the developers to do acual bug resolving by reducing the "never mind, it is fixed now" bugs thst are part of the clutter. Better tracking of bugs individuals file will help things along a lot.

Bugzilla in general has improves a lot from where it was a short time back. I am sure the trend will continue.

For this thread in general, FC3 is now legacy and cleaning out the bugzilla outstanding bug load is one of the better aspects with it transferring hands for responsibility for keeping it a secure release. Dedication for keeping FC3 updated pretty much in sync with FC4 updates helped to make its transition to legacy a well maintained version.

Jim

--
We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity -- so UP yours, Microsoft!