Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Hi

Fedora Project isn't providing as good a service as it could, with just a teensy bit more effort. Retire the oldest release _after_ the second later release instead of before it.

If all the security problems really are fixed, it won't even cost signficant effort.

I thought I did offer some reasons I don't wish to use FL; even if you don't understand my reluctance to use it, you don't need to, any more than Ford needs understand why some people prefer white cars.

Let me try again. Today, IMV upgrading to FC4 is not sensible. It offers neither the latest techology, nor any reasonable lifetime, nor the stability (I'm guessing, but them my opinion's the one that colours my decisions) of FC3.

Your explanations here wont have the desired effect here. It might in fedora-devel list. Thats what I have been trying to communicate to you.

The fact you don't know about any security issues doesn't mean one won't surface in the next five minutes.

You can help in Fedora Legacy to fix them.

There _are_ developers on this list, and this list is archived so the developers can catch up on the discussion. As can the FL folk.

You can be expecting all the relevant developers involved in the decision making processes of release cycle and release lifetime to sign up to this list and track all the discussions here.

--
Rahul