Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Hi

It seemed to me that Rahul was being particularly obtuse, and does not recognise that the Fedora Project's service forces people into undesireable choices. It makes me wonder whether he properly understands "support."

Setting aside the fact, that Red Hat nor me has any obligation to provide support services for Fedora, Fedora Project provides does provide both updates through legacy as a service. Unsure why you would consider my responses obtuse. You havent expanded on why you wouldnt choose to use Fedora Legacy updates or what concerns you have in waiting till the GA release of Fedora Core 5 considering the fact that there isnt any major security issues with FC3 that needs to be addressed before FC5.

I have better thinks to do than make pointless changes to my computer systems.

What is pointless specifically? Would Fedora legacy repository available by default resolve this issue?

Seems like a reasonable course of action.

OTOH I am a user (and a supporter), but not a developer, and the level of support is a user concern.

It has to be addressed by the developers so if you want any action to be done, you have to post to the developer's list. Users cannot address any development related concerns.

--
Rahul