Re: Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

From: "Rahul Sundaram" <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxx>

*Q:* Why a project instead of a product?

*A:*

A global steering committee at Red Hat decided that Red Hat Linux was suffering from too many compromises as a retail "product", and that we should redirect our efforts at creating a community-based project. Rather than being run through product management as something that has to appear on retail shelves on a certain date, Fedora Core will be released based on schedules, set by a steering committee, that will be open and accessible to the community, as well as influenced by the community.

"

We're simply trying to assert some community influence, Rahul.
{^_-}