Re: Don't Waste Time on Fedora Mailing List Archive Searches - Search Engine Broken

M. Fioretti wrote:
Is it a custom one, or are they using some existing 3rd party product?
If you are going to research this, it would be useful to involve the
actual developers.

However, that being said what I "can" do is create a searchable
index of the archive files remotely and make it available to the
list members to test my theory.

Yes, this would really be interesting. Thanks,

Marco

I'm not sure if its a custom search engine or not. Its not readily clear what they're using as a search engine for the archives. I do know that Swish-e is very powerful and quite easy to configure and use as linux search engines go. I was looking at htdig at one time because it comes with most distros of linux and that gave be a headache. Wrong frame of mind at the time I suppose.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996