Re: Nvidia, Intel, and clout

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 11:36 -0500, Sean wrote:
> I quoted you directly and correctly and I did read your post.

No. You quoted a small part of my post, which was (when taken out of
context) not indicative of the message I intended to convey.

> I'm not out to destroy
> Nvidia, nor am I out to promote them.

Neither am I... a point which you seem to have missed.

> There are better options for the vast majority of people, if
> that means less Linux business for Nvidia, so be it.

If someone chooses a better option and that means less business for
Nvidia, so be it. That's the free market at work and I like that. And
part of what you missed is that I advocated finding, choosing, and
supporting those "better options" wherever possible.

What you clearly missed, or chose to miss, is that the OP proposed not a
boycott but a crusade to hurt Nvidia. I disagreed with him, saying that
a company should lose market share to better options and that we should
not engage in destructive actions. I furthermore said that someone with
a destructive mindset who wanted to damage a vendor should first choose
the worst offenders, those who provide no support or drivers for Linux
at all.

Hopefully this is clearer to you now.

Cheers,

--