Re: I want to force 1/2 duplex from my network card. How?

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Jeff Vian wrote:

you will be presented some basic description and the allowed parameters.
Combining all the above info, you can infer what this entry on my
/etc/modules.conf does:

OK, but as it turns out, there are no modules for this card. I do have a second card in there, a 3com501, and Kudzu won't even recognize it. I believe there's a big bug to swat for that one in bugzilla. Anyway...

options nvnet duplex=2 > (answer: it is saying that nvnet modules should be loaded with
param 'duplex' set to 2, which means full-duplex on my case).

TIP: do a 'man modprobe'.

Yep. Unfortunately, I don't have any modules for it, and I don't know where to get one.

There is a module loaded for it, or it would not work.

Post the output of lsmod and we can help identify it for you.

OK. Here it is:

Module Size Used by Not tainted
emu10k1 67368 0 (autoclean)
ac97_codec 16744 0 (autoclean) [emu10k1]
sound 72276 0 (autoclean) [emu10k1]
soundcore 6468 7 (autoclean) [emu10k1 sound]
parport_pc 18756 1 (autoclean)
lp 8580 0 (autoclean)
parport 37056 1 (autoclean) [parport_pc lp]
ide-cd 34432 0 (autoclean)
cdrom 34592 0 (autoclean) [ide-cd]
autofs 12084 0 (autoclean) (unused)
e1000 71232 1

^^^^^^^^
This is a driver for an
      author:      "Intel Corporation, <linux.nics@xxxxxxxxx>"
as shown by "modinfo e1000"

If that is your card, then work with that one to set the parameters you need.